Bird & Bird is an international law firm, with a strong grasp of strategic commercial issues. We combine legal expertise with deep industry knowledge and refreshingly creative thinking to help clients achieve their commercial goals. Our vision is to be the number one law firm for organisations being changed by technology and the digital world.
We have over 1,200 lawyers in 29 offices across Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and North America, as well as close ties with firms in other parts of the world.
Our Brussels office covers all areas of business law and brings together more than 40 lawyers from 10 different countries.
Bird & Bird's International Privacy & Data Protection Group is top ranked in legal directories. Our leading data protection team advises a wide range of corporate and other organisations around the world, reflecting the firm's strengths in sectors such as Communcations, Media, E-Commerce, Financial Services and IT.
We take a hands-on approach, advising not just on the letter of the law, but also making practical suggestions for clients to consider. We have provided privacy advice to a large number of clients for many years. Because of this, we are able to draw on our practical experience of the ways in which organisations are approaching data protection compliance to add value to our clients’ businesses.
• Becoming an intern at Bird & Bird is the first step to discover your potential. It’s a rich learning experience. You will be given accountability for important pieces of work from day one working for exciting international clients across a range of sectors;
• You will assist our lawyers in their day to day assignments. For example, you will have the opportunity to draft memoranda as well as researching a wide variety of issues;
• You will be actively involved in marketing and business development initiatives (such as client seminars, alerts and publications);
• You will build your skills, develop your knowledge from our legal experts and their feedback on your work;
• You will find we offer an environment in which people genuinely enjoy working together and learning from each other, and
• There’s no work without play which is why you will experience the Bird & Bird social life too. Immerse yourself in the friendly and vibrant culture that makes Bird & Bird, and our people, so unique.
Other: Traineeship is paid. Nevertheless, the payment will be disclosed only to the final candidates.
graduate - master
English - Fluent
• A law degree as well as strong academic results; an LL.M. or background in EU Data Protection law; an internship in European Data Protection Supervisor, European Data Protection Board, or a national data protection authority is an advantage;
• An excellent command of English, both orally and in writing; fluent Dutch and/or French is an advantage;
• Strong analytical skills;
• Committed to delivering high-quality work;
• A good team player, eager to learn, fitting in well with our open, entrepreneurial culture; and
• Interested in business development activities.