The Free Software Foundation Europe is a charity that empowers users to control technology. The FSFE helps individuals and organisations understand how Free Software contributes to freedom, transparency and self-determination. We enhance users' rights by abolishing barriers to Free Software adoption, encourage people to use and develop Free Software and provide resources to enable everyone to further promote Free Software in Europe.
Non-governmental organisation (NGO)
We work together with decision makers, licensing experts in the world's largest Legal Network on these topics, facilitated by the FSFE, and Free Software organisations all over Europe and beyond. This work is either done directly by staff or together with volunteers, as well as other Free Software and digital rights associations around Europe.
You will enjoy:
• A challenging and exciting time with a dynamic NGO working internationally.
• A close-up view of organisational and community processes.
• A chance to take the initiative and put your own ideas into practice.
• The opportunity to meet and work with Free Software advocates across Europe.
EUR 9.60 per per hour
Administrative Law - General
Constitutional Law - General
Contract Law - General
Human Rights Law - Advanced
Information Technology Law - General
English - Fluent
Your academic background and qualifications matter less than your experience, your will to learn, and your ability to get things done. We expect:
• Solid basic knowledge of, and considerable interest in, Free Software (required)
• Basic acquaintance with working on GNU/Linux systems (desirable)
• Ability to be creative, responsible, and to multitask.
• Ability to integrate into a young, motivated and professional team
• No programming skills required. Programming is one of the few things you probably won't be doing during your internship.
• We want more women to be involved in Free Software. That's why when there are candidates with equal qualification, we will give preference to applications from suitably qualified female candidates.