The Maples Group is a leading international law firm offering clients a comprehensive range of legal services from its offices in Dublin, London, the Cayman Islands, the British Virgin Islands, Hong Kong, Jersey, Luxembourg and Shanghai. The Maples Group is also an independent provider of fiduciary, fund services, regulatory and compliance, and entity formation and management services. The Maples Group distinguishes itself with an enterprising and client-focused approach, providing solutions tailored to our client specific needs. The global network of lawyers and industry professionals are strategically located in the Americas, Europe, Asia and the Middle East to ensure that clients gain immediate access to expert advice and bespoke support, within convenient time zones.
The successful candidate will work alongside Partners, Associates and Trainees in one of our core practice areas - Corporate, Employment, Finance, Funds & Investment Management, Litigation, Property and Tax.
The day-to-day role will be to assist the designated team with the following activities over the course of the placement:
• Develop a good understanding of key business lines within the Maples Group;
• Maintenance and update of know-how/precedent documentation, assisting with client updates/alerts etc.;
• Researching and analysing new and forthcoming legislative and industry developments both at a European and Irish level;
• Supporting co-ordination of due diligence on regulatory requirements, ensuring the correct procedures are in place and initiate/implement change when required, including assisting with alerting clients etc.;
• Assist with the production of legal documentation;
• Assist and support maintenance and development of new relationships with local stakeholders who can support the business and client base;
• Ensure supervising Partner is kept up to date on all relevant client and/or team matters;
• Assisting the team with administrative tasks;
• Preparing pre-bills, liaising with Accounts regarding invoices, billing enquiries, and creating narratives;
• Preparing audit confirmations, obtaining the relevant information, preparing audit letters and sending to clients; and
• Such other duties may be required from time to time.
We are looking for a motivated self-starter who is a strong team player, who is also able to learn quickly in the role. Other key skills include:
• Strong organisational skills and the ability to meet work deadlines;
• The ability to prioritise work tasks;
• Personal time management skills;
• A high level of attention to detail and accuracy;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; and
• Active listening skills.
EUR 450.00 per week
English - Fluent
Please note that while the placement may take place on a remote/virtual basis candidates should already be based in Ireland upon application and for the duration of the placement in order to be eligible for the position.