In 1986 (before the internet-era), a group of scientists, legal professionals, graduates and students from all over the world wished to publish and promote comparative and international legal publications. At the University of Tilburg (The Netherlands) we founded the Tilburg Foreign Law Review, the first student edited law review in Europe.
In 1989 when the "wall of Berlin" fall down, we as a group of researchers were lucky to be in the center between east and west. From the USA we received a lot of requests for information about how it all went in eastern Europe and from eastern Europe there were a lot of demands for information how to make a new labor law, tax law and so on in their new era. In that time there was no internet so we did all with faxes, letters and harddisks...
In 1994 we decided to introduce some more (comparative) publications and we received the questions from Phd-students if we could publish English language publications (which was new in the academic world). We were lucky to have an American agent in Florida who could sell all our academic materials worldwide.
Wolf Legal Publishers (WLP) was eventually established in 1998 as a publisher specialised in, creating, printing and editing legal books, inaugural addresses, festschrifts, theses and other scientific publications in various languages. WLP has been providing publishing related services for universities and institutions worldwide.
Our company contains three different pillars in which we produce our media projects.
1. ISBN-related materials; We publish for our clients, academics and other authors books, e-books and other media products with an ISBN (or ISSN for journals and series).
2. We are the producer of media for institutions worldwide. We produced for example for the Red Cross, Education-centers, Universities publications with their own logo's and names. We produced newsletters for the Dutch Government and other institutions. These publications have the ownership of the client and we are the producer of their projects.
3. Since 1997 we have our own research-department where we let our interns, students and professionals perform research into interesting (legal) projects. We have created more than 87 different research groups the past years and in 2021 we will open our own research institute together with scientists and students from around the world in cooperation with the European Law Students'Association.
Our clients include international bodies, such as; the International Criminal Court, the International Association of Prosecutors, the Dutch Association of Comparative Law, the Public Prosecutor’s Office, the State Post, the Dutch Red Cross, the Education Law Association, the United Nations, the European Commission, the European Court of Human Rights, the Vatican and many more institutions.
At the same time we received many orders from academics worldwide that wanted to publish with us their books. We decided to become a publisher with special projects and subjects. Following our long term experience we are able to offer a variety of services customised to our clients’ needs at competitive prices.
We are committed to our clients. We understand that our clients have individual needs, and we use all our resources to meet them. We see our co-operation as creative and collaborative during the entire process of creating your book.
Since 1997 we attached many students from around the world in our company. We now would like to work much more together with students from ELSA and we can help the students to become amazing experts in your own dreams.
Academic/educational institution, Commercial enterprise, Financial institution, Intergovernmental organisation, Non-governmental organisation (NGO), Public institution, Other, what?: Publishing Company, Research Institute and we are experts in Human Rights Law and International Law.
- Do research with our team on practical subjects
- Do editorial work for our books and journals
- Be a member of our Research Institute and you will meet so many experts from the UN and the COE.
- Travel with our team to the European Court of Human Rights, United Nations in Geneva, the International Court of Justice in The Hague and we will do promotion of your materials and new publications.
- Publish your own thesis
- Connect friends of you to make together to make a team and create interesting publications.
- Discover cultural issues with the other interns and find out what the cultures in Europe are.
- Be a member of our Chambers in our research institute: Human Rights, European Law, Law and Technology, International Law, Education Law, Environmental Law, International Criminal Law, Private Law and find experts and friends in our company to make you as a student much more clever.
- Be happy to work together with the other interns and have social and network meetings with them.
Breda, the Netherlands
EUR 5 - 10 per month
Public transportation, Food, Other: After Corona time we always send the interns to conferences and meetings in Europe and we pay the trips and the stay.
Comparative Law - General
Environmental Law - General
Human Rights Law - General
Information Technology Law - General
Private International Law - General
Public International Law - General
English - Good
German - Good
French - Good
In the Corona time we can only be online with the interns now but we hope that interns can travel after this summer and we can have a team around us. If the Corona will be more difficult we will have an online team and we will support you as our interns.