Business to business debt recovery, both in the Netherlands and internationally.
Bierens is the largest law firm specialised in debt recovery in the Netherlands. Bierens acts on behalf of small and medium-sized companies, large enterprises, as well as multinationals, based on a “no win, no fee” philosophy guiding the business.
Bierens is unique in comparison to other organisations in that it inter alia takes care of both the out-of-court phase and the judicial debt recovery process. Thereby, Bierens has been successful in settling 90% of the cases out of court, thus being an attractive competitor to traditional debt collection agencies and bailiffs.
The candidates must be ambitious law school graduates. For the period of 5-6 months, the STEP Trainees will, together with other members of the firm, work at the international headquarters of Bierens in Amsterdam where the STEP Trainees will build their own network and legal practice with a focus on international law and the law of their country of origin.
Details of the STEP Traineeship:
- The STEP Traineeship offers a unique combination between in-house commercial and business training which is provided on top of the legal training at the firm;
- The business training entails all facets of running and setting up a business, from business development to online marketing;
- During and after the training sessions, the firm will help the STEP Trainees to build their own legal business practice within the international Bierens umbrella.
When does the STEP Traineeship start and what is the goal?
- Every year, Bierens recruits new legal Trainees and the upcoming intake starts in September 2020. All Trainees will be working together and have both individual and group objectives.
- At our office in Amsterdam, Bierens employs international attorneys of 20 different European countries which will create the opportunity for you to gain international legal knowledge.
- Bierens employs several professionals who will train and coach you to develop commercial and business skills.
- The main goal of Trainees is to broaden and hone their legal skills combined with developing your entrepreneurial talent and become part of an internationally operating organisation of lawyers throughout Europe.
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
EUR 1300.00 per month
Accommodation, Public transportation
Commercial Law - General
Competition Law - General
Contract Law - Advanced
Insolvency Law - Advanced
Private International Law - Advanced
Czech - Good
Polish - Good
Danish - Good
The candidates must be eligible to work in the Netherlands, i.e. a valid work permit is necessary.
For more information how it is to work at Bierens, see the video: https://youtu.be/V1E3pSubakw